Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Baby's Here

So our baby is here! Kathleen woke up having contractions at about 3:00AM this morning and the contractions were about 5 minutes apart. She got up and moving and they got closer together (2-3 min.) but were half as long. We weren't sure what it meant but Kathleen was in a lot of pain during the contractions. So we got all ready and left at about 7:15AM. We were admitted in the hospital at about 7:45AM and She was dialated to a 4+. Her contractions were getting really painful and she got the epidural at about 9:00AM. We were getting ready for a day long of contractions. But an hour later they checked Kathleen again and she was dialated to a 10! The doctor came in and broke her water. The nurses started to have her push at that time. She pushed for about 5 contractions (around 15 minutes) and then the baby was about out and the doctor wasn't even there yet. We had to tell her not to push but the contractions started to push his head out. Luckily the Doctor got there and everything went well, but we were glad to have a quick labor. There isn't a name yet, but we'll get it on the next update.

16 comments:

Melanie said...

Awe, congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. Hope Kathleen is feeling well!

Michael B said...

Congrats on the baby! We are excited for pictures and to meet the baby... Hope Kathleen is well!

Brittnie said...

Congrats guys! That's so exciting! Hope everyone is doing well...I can't believe Bryce is a dad!

Krystal said...

Yea!!! And I'm so glad the the labor was relatively fast:) Congrats.

Michaela said...

Congratulations! We can't wait to see some pictures :) Yaaaeee!

May Family said...

Woohoo! Congratulations and he was even a little early, that is great!

Tammy said...

Congrats! I am glad it was a quick labor. Bryce, I can already tell that you are a wonderful father=)

Just a thought... said...

Wow, that went amazingly fast! Congratulations!!! Hope Mom and baby are doing well ...dad too! Can't wait to see the pictures of your new little one and to send some off to Whitney in Russia.
The Richards in Texas

Chelsea and Cody said...

Woo-hoo! I can't wait for updates! I totally called you LAST NIGHT...crazy...It's like I knew he was going to come today or something...weird! Love ya!

Miranda Tate said...

congrats!! :)

Sharayne said...

Yeah! Congrats! So happy he's here...and what a cutie! We love his adorable chin! Thanks for letting us visit!

collinanddani said...

Wahoo! I can't wait to see pictures! Way to go guys!

collinanddani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirsta and Morian said...

yea! congrats on the baby! can't wait to hear what his name is and to see pictures! funny story- you, me, and Erika all had our babies on Tuesdays within 3 weeks of each other. how crazy is that?! and lucky you with such a short labor!

Crystal Foy Weber said...

Yay!!! Congratulations guys and congratulations Kathleen on the short labor, lucky! Glad everything went well and the baby is healthy. Can't wait to hear the name and see pictures!

Jordan and Mandy said...

Congrats on the baby! he is so cute!