Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

We had a wonderful Christmas break! I can hardly believe it is already over but I suppose we are ready to get back into our regular schedule again. Bryce started his last semester at BYU today!

Before Christmas we spent some time with Bryce's family. They always have a few family parties for the holiday and it was nice to be able to see everyone. This year Spencer was baby Jesus in the nativity play.


Here he is in the manger. Although he was a very cute baby Jesus he didn't seem too happy about it...he screamed almost the entire time!

We drove out to Oklahoma this year for Christmas. And what a loooong drive! It was worth it though. We had a lot of fun spending time with my family over the break. All of my siblings were home which was really nice. We played a lot of games, went to the church and played volleyball and slaughterball, played football and soccer, went to Oklahoma City for a few days, watched lots of movies, and just enjoyed each others company.


Spencer in his cute Christmas outfit that Aunt Chelsea bought for him. He looked so handsome! His cousin Benson also had a matching vest but we never got a picture of them together like we wanted...but they were cute.


Christmas Eve in his outfit that Grandma Barbara gave him.


Christmas morning showing off his new presents. A Bumbo and a cute outfit my parents bought for him.


My parents got a wii for Christmas so we had fun bowling and playing tennis and such. Here are Bryce and John bowling.

My mom was playing with Spencer the morning after we got there (mornings are his happiest time of the day) and got him to laugh! Well, he is at least trying to laugh. It is so cute because it sounds like he wants to, but just can't get it to come out right.
So we loved Christmas! It is a little sad that it went by so fast and we are once again in the cold and snow. (It was pretty nice while we were in Oklahoma. I went on a few walks and a bike ride it was so nice!) But we are ready to start the new year...it should be a pretty exciting one!!

3 comments:

Chelsea and Cody said...

What a cute boy! It looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
I got a professional camera for Christmas and I would love to take some pictures of Spencer! Give me a call!

Jessica said...

We miss Spencer so much...and you and Bryce too of course. I can't believe we never got a picture of he and Benson together. So sad. Maybe we should try and photoshop one together. I'm looking at plane tickets daily. Love ya!

Niels and Kayla said...

what a cutie! i love those foam seats haha! I bet they are nice to have!