Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Spencer!!

My little baby is one year old today! I can't believe it's already been one year...


He is such a great baby and I'm not sure what we ever did without him. He is into everything and learning all kinds of new things. He loves to clap, play peek-a-boo, and give kisses. He's still not too interested in walking but he can sure crawl fast! He has even started crawling on his feet instead of his knees. It looks pretty silly but I assume his knees need a break sometimes so that is what he does. He has mastered climbing down the stairs without going down head first. And he can even climb off the couch by himself and without falling. He is getting taller. I know this because he can reach and pull down a lot more than he used to be able to. He loves being outside and of course tries to eat all the leaves, dirt, and rocks he can find. And he is definitely into testing his limits. He always looks at me when he knows he's getting into something he's not supposed to and when I come to get him he just makes his mess even faster. I was wiping up the floor the other day after he had eaten. He was still in his chair and I was looking up telling him what a sweet baby he was. Then he looks at me, looks at the food on his tray, grabs a huge handful and dumps it on the floor right where I just cleaned. Maybe he just didn't like me calling him a sweet baby? But he still is.
Anyway, he had a great birthday. He got lots of great new clothes (which mommy loved) and a lot of great new toys (which Spencer loved)! He has lots of people who love him and we are very grateful for all our family! I made Spencer's cakes, with the help of my mom, and I think they turned out pretty cute. We used fondant for the caterpillar which was so easy! We did a Baby Einstein theme since he loves to watch his Baby Einstein DVD's.


Spencer eyeing the cake!

Spencer's little cake.

Spencer tried to eat one of the fondant balls that made up the caterpillar...they are edible but not very tasty.


Destroying his cake! He loved every minute of this and wouldn't stop saying "mmmm, mmmm, mmmm" which he usually says now anytime he's eating anything. And as you can see his little birthday boy sign didn't last very long.

Riding his new toy from Aunt Julie which also turns into a walker. I'm sure this will provide hours of entertainment!
It was a great birthday and we are so grateful for the past year with Spencer. He is such a sweet and happy baby and we love him very much!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Happy Birthday to Spencer! :) He's such a cutie. I hope all is going well with you! I miss you!

Erika said...

So cute! You are such a creative little mommy to make him such a cute cake. Keegan loves baby einstein too. Maybe next year I'll be more elaborate with his cake... :) Happy B-day Spencer!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Happy Birthday Spencer! isn't it amazing how the time flies?!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Happy Birthday! I loved the videos...he is so funny! It looks like you guys are having a blast IN OK!

Michael B said...

Happy Birthday Spencer!

Annie B said...

Happy Birthday! That will be a fantastic toy that will last a while. The cake looked great too..fondant means you are a pro!