Thursday, April 8, 2010

18 months old

Yesterday Spencer officially turned 18 months. Which means nursery this Sunday at church! It is just crazy to me sometimes how big he is getting. I still carry him around way too much, I know this...but he's the only one I have to carry around. Anyway, he is getting heavy! It is getting to be quite the arm workout. And he's not quite as easy to rock anymore. Of course I don't get the chance to rock him very much anymore because he would rather be down getting into something rather than being rocked by his mother. He never really has been a cuddly baby so I'm used to it.

Anyway, here's our little 18 month old stud.


For Bryce's birthday the girls at his work gave him these necklaces to wear all day. Just so everyone would know it was his birthday I suppose. And every once in a while Spence will let me take his shirt off, put the necklaces on, and snap a few pictures before he rips them off and starts swinging them around trying to hit things.

He is a crazy baby but we love him. He is sleeping much better and now we're thinking maybe it's time to switch him to a big boy bed instead of the crib. I have heard it's an easier transition when they are younger. Maybe because they don't know they can climb out of the bed and play with toys yet? Although I think Spencer might figure that out, but you never know. It's worth a try anyway.

And just for fun, here are some silly pictures of Spencer. Grandma Barbara (Bryce's mom) sent us a package for Easter. And in it was a book for Spencer! On the back of the book was a little puzzle with frogs. And Spencer thought it was funny to put the frogs up his nose and on his ears. So thanks for the book Grandma! Spencer is obviously enjoying it. :)








Isn't he such a handsome little guy? I am slightly biased, but still...look at that face! :)

6 comments:

Michael B said...

Wow! 18 months - sounds like you guys are doing well!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Happy 18 months! Ha! So cute!

Whitney Renee said...

he is so cute! Super squeezable

Jessica said...

Any baby lucky enough to get your big, beautiful eyes will obviously be the cutest! Can't wait to see ya Spence! Have fun in nursery!

Krystal said...

Yay for nursery!! It's so wonderful to get to hear church again :)

Allison said...

Definitely handsome--not just you :) Good luck with the nursery transition!