Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Toy Story 3

Yesterday for Family Home Evening we went and saw Toy Story 3. Spencer has been in love with Toy Story since we bought him the DVD's for Easter. He loves watching the movies, he will stare at the DVD case, and notices anything that has Toy Story on it. The other day he was playing in the pantry. It got pretty quiet and so I went in there to check on him. He had found one of the cereal boxes that had Toy Story on the back and was just staring at it. They are definitely his favorite movies right now.


Spencer eating dinner and saying "To infinite and beyond!"



I thought I'd add this video just because it's cute. It has nothing really to do with Toy Story, it just happened during the same meal. Spencer has started saying his own prayers. For a few weeks now he sometimes will just randomly fold his arms, squint his eyes, and move his mouth like he's saying something. But now he actually talks and then says amen. I think it's so hilarious that his voice has to be really high when he says his prayer. What a silly kid. Hopefully you can still see what he's doing. Apparently I shake when I laugh...

After dinner we headed to the theater. We decided to go to the 7pm movie so Bryce could go too. We figured with Toy Story, popcorn, a drink, and his own seat Spencer would be in heaven. And hopefully wouldn't get too tired because he'd be up past his bed time.


In his seat waiting for the movie to start.

Spencer enjoyed the movie. The previews took a little longer than we expected. A little over halfway through he started getting pretty restless and by the end he was definitely ready for bed. He didn't even eat any popcorn! But Aunt Sarah did share some of her candy with him which he really enjoyed. Overall I think it was a success. The actual movie is pretty cute but somewhat creepy. If I was a little kid I think I would have been a little scared during some parts. But Spencer seemed to be okay with it. He did wake up like 5 times last night though. Hopefully just because he didn't go to bed at his regular time and not because he was having nightmares of creepy baby dolls. :)


Spencer and daddy after the movie. We walked out of the theater and he stopped right in front of this and just stared at it for a few minutes. Even after watching the entire movie...

2 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

I've been "toying" with the idea of taking Devin to see Toy Story 3 in the theaters b/c he loves the movies too. I think we'll hafta give it a try! I think it's so cute that Spencer says what Buzz says. I wish we lived closer b/c I think Devin and Spencer would get a kick out of each other!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Kathleen, your posts CRACK ME UP! I can hear you saying everything that I read. You are such a good mom! I love reading everything you write.