So the past couple of Sundays we have tried to come up with things to do that don't involve being outside too much. This is because Bryce's allergies have been soooo bad. Not this past Sunday, but the Sunday before we decided to take a drive through Amish country. We didn't get out of the car once, just took a nice long scenic drive. It was beautiful and we saw a lot of little buggies and Amish families walking around. My favorite was seeing the little boys with their straw hats. They were so cute and I wanted to take a picture, but I heard that they don't like you to take pictures of them? So I figured it'd be safe not to. We did take a few pictures of some of the buggies. I figured that was okay because you can't even see them.
This is just a picture of the pretty scenery...no buggy.
The pictures are kind of bad. You can see our windshield wipers and they're kinda blurry, but at least you get the idea. On our drive back we saw a sign for "Sweets for Sweeties". I just thought it was a funny name but Bryce was like, you should take a picture of that for your dad. If you know my dad you know that he uses that word all the time. He always calls us his little sweeties and stuff like that. So I had to take a picture of the sign just for my dad. Here it is...
That was our exciting trip to Amish country. And even though we didn't get out of the car once Bryce still had red swollen eyes when we came home! Crazy huh?
So this past Sunday we decided to go out to the Jersey shore. It's a pretty far drive but we thought there would be a lot to do and that it'd be pretty exciting. It turned out to be not as great as we thought, and definitely not worth the gas it took to get out there, but we still had a good time. We weren't really planning on getting in the ocean, but it was so hot and I was wearing jeans so I decided we had to change into our swim suits. So Bryce got to swim in the ocean by himself...I just put my feet in the water. I took a video of him trying to beat a wave. That's what I thought he was doing anyway, he said he was just trying to "ride" the wave. We also walked along the boardwalk and on our way home decided to just drive through Atlantic City to see what it was like.

Bryce walking from the beach to the boardwalk.
And that is what we have been up to lately. We leave Thursday for Utah for my little sisters wedding, which we are pretty excited about.









7 comments:
Kathleen! Ok please don't think I am a creep but I saw your blog link on Jessica's. This is Dani as in Dani and Collin from last year. Congrats on the baby! That is so cool! Kanessa is having a boy too!
how long are you guys gonna be out here? maybe we could try and get together..at least see you guys. it's been a while since i didn't even know when you were leaving until you were gone!
You guys are just the little adverturists, aren't you!? I am glad that you are taking advantage of his days off, that is nice. The picture of him on the boardwalk is really neat...good one to play with in photoshop, thanks! hehe!
You guys are seriously taking advantage of you location! I am a little jealous... but not jealous of Bryce's allergies... Great pictures too.
Annie
Amish country eh? I've done that. There's an Amish colony in Northern Ohio. Bet you didn't know that at the local Wal-Mart they have their own stalls in the back of the parking lots. You can guess why!
That is pretty cool, we have wanted to see the amish! haha on Courtneys page, she has a cute picture of a little amish girl!
What beach did you go to? Wildwood was the beach we went to and it was pretty fun. I didn't know that bryce had such bad allergies:( Well we are glad you are back from utah, sales went down with bryce being gone and craft night was just not the same without you. lets do something fun this week!
Post a Comment