Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mothers Day

Today I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mother. I am also very grateful for my own mother. And the many other women that have influenced my life. I was watching Elder Neil L. Andersons talk from this past General Conference (which you can read here or watch here) and couldn't help but feel grateful for the example of faith in Jesus Christ from my mom. I also couldn't help but feel an urgency to teach my children about Jesus and to be an example to them by having my own personal faith in Him. I am so grateful that because of Him I can be with my family forever as long as I do my part.

So Happy Mothers Day. To my mom, my mother-in-law, and my grandmothers. I wouldn't have the husband I have without you and I wouldn't be the person I am without you. Thank you for your faith and your examples.

And I of course can't post on our blog without a little bit of Spencer. He really is such a blessing in our lives. I hope I can be grateful every day for the opportunity I have to be with him...even when he tries to bite my legs when I won't pick him up. :)


My favorite is his bird sound.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

oh man, we love that cousin Spence! He sure has a great mommy!

The Eve's said...

Hahahahaha!! He is hilarious! He is so non-chalant about answering all your questions too! He's going to be smart...watch out! And he's very lucky that he has such a sweet mommy!

The Eve's said...

Oh and I bet you never thought that you would wish for bigger legs so it didn't hurt so bad when he bit you...haha!

Molly said...

He's so cute! Wish we were closer so they could play together. Isn't it interesting how they make everything into a phone? He really does have a great mommy!

Allison said...

Hahaha he bites your legs...crazy cute kid. Happy Mother's Day :)

David and Heather said...

ha ha ha I love that stage when they learn all the animal noises! Spencer does a great job :)